This is undoubtedly the question that I have been asked most frequently in the last three months, largely due to the change of government and, in particular, due to the cancellation of the NAIM, which has generated great uncertainty for people of all socioeconomic levels. , which are about to make a very important investment in their lives when buying a house or apartment in capital smart city map..
The answer depends on each one and, especially, on our particular capacity to take risks in times of relative uncertainty. Generally speaking, I could tell you that as long as:
1) you have at least 20% of the price of the house or apartment saved
2) you have your writing expenses that are equivalent to 8% (more or less of the price)
3) you have a stable job
4) you have a good behavior in the payment of your credits reflected in the Credit Bureau
5) you will contract a mortgage loan that you can pay with a maximum equivalent to 30% or less of your monthly income; Y
6) you are buying the house or apartment according to your needs at the moment, without a doubt it is a good time to invest and buy your home and thus continue with the wonderful process of formation of your wealth, which you started when you decided to save to compare your property.
The technical reasons to decide to buy today are very simple. Mortgage loans from banks in Mexico generally still today offer:
- very competitive interest rates for the Mexican economy; depending on the profile of the clients between 9.75% and 11.75%
- they are credits in pesos, not in Times Minimum Wages , propertynews or UDIS
- There are fixed rates throughout the term with their respective fixed monthly payments.
- you can prepay the credit balance at any time without penalty
- they are very flexible terms of 5, 10, 15 or 20 years
- When the economy improves and the rates drop, you can substitute your mortgage for another one in better conditions.
Like everything in life, to the extent that you contract the mortgage loan appropriate to your profile, being well advised (which in general terms would be 15 years, in pesos, fixed rate and never more than 80% of the price of your house or apartment) You must be in a very healthy position to make this dream of having your own house or apartment come true and avoid it becoming a nightmare.
The opinions expressed in this column are exclusive to their author.